I'm a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
When summer days get sweltering, a good pedestal fan can be your best ally. Whether you need a cool breeze in your living room, a quiet fan for your bedroom, or a powerful oscillating fan for your office, there’s a perfect pedestal fan out there for you. We’ve rounded up the top 10 pedestal fans and compared them head-to-head to help you find the best cooling fan for your bedroom, office, or any room in your home.
Pedestal Fan Comparison Table
Vornado Energy Smart
Amazon Basics Oscillating
Rowenta Turbo Silence
Vornado Sr. Pedestal
Wide-reaching Air Circulation
Sleek Design & Powerful Airflow
Lasko 1827 Adjustable
Honeywell Double Blade
Double Blade Configuration
What is a Pedestal Fan?
A pedestal fan, also known as a standing fan or floor standing fan, is a portable electric fan mounted on a sturdy base, often adjustable in height. It typically features an oscillating head that helps distribute air evenly across a room. Some models even come with a remote, making them even more convenient to use – no more getting up to adjust the settings when you’re comfortably settled on your couch!
Benefits of Pedestal Fans
Pedestal fans provide numerous benefits that make them a popular choice for home cooling:
- Versatility: They’re portable, easy to move from room to room, and suitable for any space, from large living rooms to small offices.
- Energy efficiency: Unlike air conditioners, pedestal fans consume significantly less electricity, making them a cost-effective cooling solution.
- Air circulation: Their oscillating feature helps in maintaining a balanced airflow, preventing stuffiness and enhancing the overall air quality in your space.
- Quiet Operation: Many of the best pedestal fans offer quiet or even soundless operation, making them ideal for bedrooms or quiet spaces.
Top 10 Pedestal Fans
Below, we review ten of the best pedestal fans available today. Each review includes a comparison of their top features or selling points, ensuring you make an informed choice.
Vornado Energy Smart Pedestal Fan
The Vornado Energy Smart is designed for energy efficiency and robust airflow. This model combines a compact design with excellent cooling ability. It features an adjustable height and tilt head for customizable airflow, making it ideal for any room.
- Energy-saving, thanks to its efficient DC motor.
- Powerful air circulation with Vortex Air Circulation technology.
Amazon Basics Oscillating Dual-Blade Pedestal Fan
The Amazon Basics Oscillating Dual-Blade fan is a perfect balance of affordability and performance. This stand-up fan with remote offers three modes and speed settings for customizable comfort.
- Budget-friendly, proving that a good fan doesn’t need to cost a fortune.
- Comes with a handy remote control for convenient operation.
Pelonis Oscillating Pedestal Fan
The Pelonis Oscillating Pedestal Fan is a high-velocity fan that creates a strong breeze. With its powerful airflow and quiet operation, it’s a fantastic choice for anyone seeking a soundless stand fan.
- Delivers high-velocity airflow for effective cooling.
- Remarkably quiet, making it perfect for bedrooms and offices.
Rowenta Turbo Silence Pedestal Fan
The Rowenta Turbo Silence is the quietest stand fan in the Rowenta range. Its sleek design complements its effective cooling and quiet operation.
- Silent Night mode ensures a peaceful night’s sleep.
- Five speed settings offer ultimate customization.
Vornado Sr. Pedestal Fan
Vornado Sr. Pedestal Fan is designed for large spaces, offering air circulation that can reach up to 100 feet. This powerful stand fan’s adjustable height and tilt make it a versatile choice for any room.
- Provides wide-reaching air circulation for large spaces.
- Easy to assemble and operate, offering hassle-free cooling.
iLiving Commercial Pedestal Fan
The iLiving Commercial Pedestal Fan is a robust option designed to handle commercial environments. It offers excellent airflow and durability, with a sturdy, industrial design.
- Built to withstand commercial environments.
- Offers high-velocity cooling.
Oemtools Misting Pedestal Fan
The Oemtools Misting Pedestal Fan is an outdoor fan perfect for hot days on the patio. The misting feature provides an extra cooling effect, making it ideal for summer barbecues or relaxing by the pool.
- Outdoor-rated for patio or deck cooling.
- The misting function adds an extra layer of cool comfort.
Vornado Full-Size Pedestal Fan
The Vornado Full-Size Pedestal Fan is another excellent offering from Vornado. With a sleek design and powerful airflow, it offers a great balance of aesthetics and functionality.
- Signature Vortex technology for optimal air circulation.
- A full-size fan that maintains a sleek, non-obtrusive design.
Lasko 1827 Adjustable Fan
The Lasko 1827 Adjustable Fan offers flexibility and ease of use with its adjustable height and tilt-back head. As a Lasko pedestal fan, it’s reliable and well-built, ensuring longevity and consistent performance.
- Adjustable features allow for customized cooling.
- Durable construction for long-lasting operation.
Honeywell Double Blade Pedestal Fan
The Honeywell Double Blade Pedestal Fan provides powerful airflow with its double blade configuration. This Honeywell stand-up fan comes with a remote, allowing for easy adjustments from across the room.
- Double blade configuration for enhanced airflow.
- Comes with a remote for convenience.
Pedestal Fan Buyer’s Guide
When shopping for the best pedestal fan, consider the following factors:
- Noise Level: If you’re looking for a quiet fan for the bedroom, consider models with silent operation or noise-reducing technology.
- Oscillation: An oscillating fan helps distribute air more evenly in the room.
- Remote Control: Some models come with a remote for convenient control.
- Adjustability: Adjustable height and tilt can provide more customized cooling.
- Price: Determine your budget before shopping. You can find high-quality fans in all price ranges, from cheap pedestal fans to pricier models with more features.
How do pedestal fans work?
Pedestal fans operate by using electric motors to spin the blades, which move air and create a cooling breeze. The oscillation feature helps distribute this breeze evenly across the room.
Are pedestal fans energy efficient?
Yes, pedestal fans are generally more energy-efficient than air conditioners. They can provide a cost-effective way to cool a room, especially for those looking to save on electricity costs.
How do I choose the best pedestal fan for my needs?
Consider factors like the size of your room, noise level preference, whether you need remote control functionality, your budget, and the fan’s overall features and performance.
Can pedestal fans be used outdoors?
Some pedestal fans, like the Oemtools Misting Pedestal Fan, are designed for outdoor use. Always check the product specifications to ensure the fan is rated for outdoor use before placing it outside.
Are pedestal fans safe?
Yes, pedestal fans are generally safe to use. However, it’s important to keep them out of reach of children and pets to avoid accidental injury. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for safe use.
Do pedestal fans require much maintenance?
Pedestal fans require minimal maintenance. Regular cleaning to remove dust from the blades and grills can help maintain optimal performance.
How long do pedestal fans last?
The lifespan of a pedestal fan depends on the quality of the product and how well it’s maintained. High-quality fans from reliable manufacturers can last for several years with proper care.
What is the cost of a pedestal fan?
The cost of a pedestal fan can vary greatly, depending on its features and brand. You can find budget-friendly models for as low as $20, while higher-end models with advanced features can cost several hundred dollars.
Can I use a pedestal fan in a baby’s room?
Yes, a pedestal fan can be used in a baby’s room. However, ensure the fan is out of reach to avoid accidents and set it to a low or medium speed to prevent drafts.
Can I leave my pedestal fan on all night?
Yes, it’s generally safe to leave your pedestal fan on all night. However, as with all appliances, it’s essential to ensure the fan is in good working condition to prevent any potential safety hazards.
This guide is designed to help you choose the best pedestal fan for your needs, providing the comfort and cooling you desire. Whether you’re looking for a quiet fan for your bedroom, a high-velocity fan for your living room, or an outdoor fan for your patio, there’s a pedestal fan out there that’s perfect for you. Happy cooling!
Head-to-Head: Comparing Top Pedestal Fans
To help you understand how different models stack up against each other, let’s do a head-to-head comparison of two popular fans: the Vornado Energy Smart Pedestal Fan and the Honeywell Double Blade Pedestal Fan.
Vornado Energy Smart Pedestal Fan is all about energy efficiency. Its DC motor is designed to consume up to 80% less energy, making it an environmentally friendly and cost-saving choice. Additionally, its Vortex Air Circulation technology ensures wide-reaching and robust airflow, making it a great choice for larger spaces.
On the other hand, the Honeywell Double Blade Pedestal Fan stands out with its double blade configuration, ensuring powerful and steady airflow. Moreover, this model comes with a remote, enhancing convenience and user comfort. It may not have the energy efficiency of the Vornado, but it excels in terms of powerful cooling and ease of use.
To sum up, if energy efficiency is your top priority, the Vornado Energy Smart would be the right choice. However, if you value powerful cooling and ease of use, the Honeywell Double Blade Pedestal Fan might be the best fit.
Get More out of Your Pedestal Fan
Here are some extra tips and tricks that can help you get the most out of your pedestal fan:
- Placement: Place your fan strategically for optimal airflow. Corners are often a good choice as the fan can reach a wider area when oscillating.
- Clean Regularly: Keep your fan clean to ensure it’s working efficiently. Dust on the blades can affect airflow and even make the fan noisier.
- Combine with Air Conditioning: If you have an air conditioner, using a pedestal fan can help distribute the cool air more evenly around the room, making your space more comfortable and reducing AC costs.
Enhance Your Home Comfort with Accessories
You can also consider some accessories to go with your pedestal fan. A fan cover can protect it when not in use, while a replacement remote can come in handy if the original gets lost or damaged. If noise is a concern, consider getting a soundproof curtain or white noise machine to help mask the sound of the fan, particularly for those seeking a low noise pedestal fan.